Media Planning Assistant
- 175 Bloor St E, Toronto, ON J4Y 0K7, Canada
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe, alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is comprised of five global brands, Starcom, Zenith, Spark Foundry, Blue 449 and Performics, powered by digital first, data driven global practices that together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 17,500 employees worldwide.
Media Planning Assistant is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day online media activities for multiple accounts including the planning, buying, trafficking and optimizing of media plans. This may have exposure to with clients, assistant media planners must be flexible and able to work well under tight deadlines.
- Assistant media planners are responsible for tracking the performance of client ads and reviewing statistical data with supervisors.
- Clearing discrepancies for all clients. These professionals negotiate contracts with outside vendors, and submit cost and other service details into a media plan, resolving discrepancies, reaching out to vendors for missing invoices etc.
- Some of their duties are administrative and include organizing and filing client documentation such as client purchase authorizations, contracts and invoices.
- Assistants also participate in media planning strategy meetings with team members and help develop new ideas for client media plans – e.g. sourcing information, costings, avails etc.
- Minimum education requirement for assistant media planners is a college degree in advertising, communication studies, mass media, marketing or a related major.
- Some Assistant media planning roles require at least one year of experience in traditional and/or interactive media.
- Knowledge of both online and offline, strong negotiation skills are an asset.
- High Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Execl and PowerPoint.
- Additional knowledge of media planning tools (PMB/Clear Decisions, PMB/Fusion, PMB RTS, comScore, Prisma, AdBuyer) also an asset.
- Candidates should be detail-oriented, highly organized, creative and analytical.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are also highly desired for assistant media planning positions.
Publicis Media is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for all stages of the interview and employment process for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Publicis Media, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.