At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. At our core, we Champion People, help our colleagues Grow with Purpose and true to our name we encourage colleagues to “Be Alight.”
Champion People – be empathetic and help create a place where everyone belongs.
Grow with purpose – Be inspired by our higher calling of improving lives.
Be Alight – act with integrity, be real and empower others.
It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology gives companies and employees around the world the ability to power confident decisions, for life.
With a comprehensive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team if you Champion People, want to Grow with Purpose through acting with integrity and if you embody the meaning of Be Alight.
Learn more at careers.alight.com.
Reporting to the Manager, Worker’s Compensation, you are responsible for assisting employees on behalf of the employer when the employee is off work, or at risk of being off work, due to a workplace injury. The case manager assesses any barriers to a successful and timely return to work and engages with stakeholders to implement strategies to address those identified barriers and support return to work or an appropriate alternative plan.
- Meeting with clients to review internal workplace injury issues
- Managing workplace injury claims, minimizing time-loss and claim costs through early intervention and proactive co-ordination of services
- Ensuring regular and open lines of communication with clients, injured workers, and the provincial Workers’ Compensation Boards
- Liaising with the provincial Workers’ Compensation Boards
- Review claim files
- Interpreting provincial workers’ compensation legislation, policies and procedures
- Filing reports of injury, identifying appeal issues, drafting letters of objection
- Coordinating case management activities including developing, implementing and monitoring return to work and rehabilitation strategies
- Facilitating 3rd party interventions (functional capacity evaluations, independent medical evaluations)
- Work experience in a workers’ compensation claims management capacity either at the WSIB (or a similar provincial workers’ compensation board-commission) or in an in-house capacity at a private company with corresponding knowledge of workers’ compensation statutes, policies and procedures, and workplace health and safety would be an asset
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Education, preferably in a related field, or a human resource and/or health and safety and/or insurance certificate-designation are assets. In the absence of these qualifications, significant consideration will be given to applicants with claims management experience.
- Paralegal license would be an asset
So that you can be your best at work and home, we consider flexible working arrangements wherever possible. Alight has been a leader in the flexible workspace and “Top 100 Company for Remote Jobs” 5 years in a row.
We offer programs and plans for a healthy mind, body, wallet and life because it’s important our benefits care for the whole person. Options include a variety of health coverage options, wellbeing and support programs, retirement, vacation and sick leave, maternity, paternity & adoption leave, continuing education and training as well as a number of voluntary benefit options.
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We celebrate differences and believe in fostering an environment where everyone feels valued, respected, and supported. We know that diverse teams are stronger, more innovative, and more successful.
At Alight, we welcome and embrace all individuals, regardless of their background, and are dedicated to creating a culture that enables every employee to thrive. Join us in building a brighter, more inclusive future.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in the employment of qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.