Goodlife Fitness (Georgetown, ON)
Pay: $20–$53 an hour
Job type: Full-time
Application Details: Cover letter
Who is a Personal Trainer?
Personal Trainers are responsible for developing a roster of clients, and working with their clients to achieve overall health and fitness goals.
What will you be doing?
- Seeking out new clients
- Working with clients to understand health history and future goals in order to develop tailored, effective programming
- Leveraging and promoting all GoodLife training programs to support clients on their health and fitness journeys
- Responsible for the administrative side of servicing clients (e.g., use of GoodLife tools and software)
Do you have what it takes?
- Must be willing to accrue a nationally recognized Personal Training certification within first 75 days of employment
- Passion for helping others, and a commitment to personal health and fitness
- Ability to coach and bring out the best in others
- Adaptable and able to receive candid coaching with growth mindset
- Ability to work well with others, form and foster relationships
- Committed to contributing to a culture that celebrates diversity, equity & inclusion and values giving back to communities
- Ability to consistently live our Core Values of Caring, Happiness, Integrity, Peak Attitude, Passion, Personal Fitness and Trust
What’s in it for you?
- Ongoing training and development to ensure a long and successful career path
- Access to GoodLife space and equipment for training clients
- Pre-designed specialty programs and marketing materials
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive Total Rewards Package
- FREE Fitness membership
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
Instead of sending the traditional cover letter, we’d love to hear how you are living the GoodLife – tell us why you’re passionate about fitness or more about your personal fitness journey!
$20.00 – $53.00
Diversity and Inclusion
At GoodLife Fitness, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a manner that respects their dignity and that is equitable. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.