Ask yourself these questions…
If you answer yes to one or more, you may be at a higher risk of falling.
• Have you had a fall in the last 6 to 12 months?
• Do you ever feel dizzy?
• Do you ever lose your balance?
• Do you have weak muscles or stiff joints?
• Do you have problems seeing or hearing?
• Do you have foot problems?
• Are you ever short of breath?
• Do you have to rush to the bathroom?
• Do you have trouble remembering or concentrating on things?
• Do you walk in places that are uneven, cluttered, slippery or icy?
• Do you take 4 or more medications a day?
• Do you drink alcohol?
Talk to your health care provider about how you can reduce many of these factors that put you at risk of falling at home.
Source: National Institute on Ageing