Imagine Communications (Waterloo, ON)
Job type: Full-time
Shift and schedule: Day shift
Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Overview:Every day, Imagine Communications is delivering billions of media moments all over the world — anywhere, anytime and on any device. Imagine Communications delivers innovative, end-to-end media software and networking solutions to over 3,000 customers in more than 185 countries, including the top broadcast facilities and the most technologically advanced sports and live-event venues.
Imagine Communications offers a generous Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance package and HSA and 401(k) options with company matching. We like to make sure all our employees are safe when travelling so we’ve got travel insurance covered too. Employee Wellbeing is a priority for us, so all employees and their family have access to our EAP and Wellness programs, including LifeSpeak and Vitality. Volunteer in your community and we will pay for that too.
A Bit About The Role:Imagine Communications is looking for an experienced broadcast operator with a passion for technology to join our engineering team as a QA Engineer. As a QA Engineer you will utilize your broadcast experience and knowledge to perform highly complex product and automation testing activities.
- Develop and execute formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications.
- Lead and participate in test planning and quality review sessions.
- Testing may include application, network, system, regression, and user acceptance testing.
- Perform testing activities to include planning, design, scripting, execution, debugging and reporting tasks.
- Monitor and execute automation test activities for large sized projects.
- Works with Technical and Business groups to define the scope of testing required.
- Research new tools and testing approaches and executes upon/monitoring the implementation of such items.
- Post test execution activities, include error debugging, reporting needs and internal and external communications.
- Troubleshoot production environments to reproduce customer issues. Communicate and connect with customer systems when required.
- Utilize and share your broadcast experience through team training sessions and guides to improve teams and software quality.
- Assist in improving documentation and guides to aid customers in configuration and use of software/tools.
- Diploma in Broadcasting-Television/Media Production or an equivalent combination of education and experience OR a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in a live production environment.
- Strong knowledge of switchers, graphics, video playback, routing systems, audio consoles, and related studio software is essential.
- In depth knowledge of Windows & Linux OS and networking.
- Solid understanding and experience working with databases (Postgres, SQL, etc)
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing (AWS etc.)
- Familiarity with an issue tracking product, preferably JIRA.
- Familiarity with a version control system, preferably Git.
- Knowledge of set up and maintenance of VMs and VM Hosts preferred.
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker, orchestrating and handling containerized applications preferred.
- Experience with use performance metrics and monitoring data to enhance both platform robustness and business performance such as Prometheus and Grafana preferred.
- Hands on experience testing APIs, RESTful/JSON web services preferred.
Celebrating difference, together stronger
At Imagine Communications, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our customers, our employees, our products, and our communities. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect. Imagine Communications is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home