Honda Canada (Alliston, ON)
It takes a world-class team to build a world-class vehicle. At Honda of Canada Mfg. (HCM) the quality of our products and the unstoppable spirit of our highly skilled associates have allowed us to continually set new standards of engineering excellence. Today our operations include three state-of-the-art facilities in Ontario, employing 4,200 people and contributing millions of dollars to our economy every year. We invite you to follow your own dreams and explore the career opportunities at HCM today.
What you do:
- Join a team of experienced associates who build vehicles Canadians love to drive – the Honda Civic & CR-V
- Rotating roles every two hours within your assigned zone/department
- Assembling vehicles using state-of-the-art technology – lift assists, computer calibrated equipment, etc.
- Work rotating shifts (every two weeks) with overtime opportunities
What you get:
- Starting wage of $24.14/hr with an annual wage progression topping at $35.20/hr
- Paid shutdowns twice a year (July/December)
- Shift premiums paid at 5% for afternoon shift and 10% for the overnight shift
- Attendance bonuses (weekly & monthly)
- Team Achievement Bonus: your contribution is rewarded twice a year
- Basic benefit package after 3 months and access to a comprehensive benefit plan that provides choice and flexibility
- Join our Living Well Program with access to our on-site recreation center, including basketball courts, fitness and yoga classes, baseball diamond, Olympic-sized hockey rink and 800 person in-house hockey league
- Take advantage of the Honda Purchase Programs; Motorcycles and power equipment (vehicles after one year of service)
- Tuition reimbursement program to help you build your capabilities and grow your career
- Extensive classroom and on-the-job training
- Join the internal candidate posting process for future opportunities in HCM
- Full-service cafeteria, or bring your own meals and use of microwaves and refrigerators available
- Uniforms and personal protective equipment (safety shoes, glasses, hats, etc.)
- Exclusive Honda events: Summer and Holiday parties, community events, community volunteering with rewards, and much more
What we seek:
- Experience working in a structured and fast-paced environment
- Previous Manufacturing experience is an asset
- High attention to detail
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods of time
- Tolerance for repetitive work tasks
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Familiarity with using basic hand tools
- Ability to work a two or three-shift rotation in addition to required production overtime (daily & Saturday)
- Understand, support, and execute all work in a safe manner and comply with a culture that promotes safety as a priority
- Ability to read, interpret and adhere to documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures, work instructions, procedure manuals, and policies.
This is where you want to be.
At Honda of Canada Mfg. respect for the individual is a fundamental belief. We recognize, respect, and value individual differences in one another. We are committed to creating equal opportunity for all associates to grow in a diverse and inclusive work environment while driving continuous improvement with passion, delivering joy and value to our customers. Join our team.
Honda is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. The accommodation provided will take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process or in order to successfully submit an application, please include that information in your application.
*Please note that this is NOT a NOC B or higher position*
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $24.14 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Alliston, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Our business needs include result in scheduled mandatory overtime on Saturdays and in-between shifts and you will have advance notice when this is required.
Are you able to support overtime as required?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (required)
Work Location: In person