Legal Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of this website. By accessing this website, we assume you accept these Terms and Conditions in full.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements:
“CAF Website”, “The Website” and “This Website” refers to this website as a whole and each of its component parts accessible at:
- • abilities. ca
- • canadacares.org
- • strutcanada.com
- • arc.strutcanada.com
“Canadian Abilities Foundation”, “CAF”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us” refers to the website sponsor, located at 255 Duncan Mill Road, Suite 803, Don Mills, Ontario M3B 3H9.
“You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing the CAF website and accepting these Terms and Conditions.
Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they are taken as interchangeable and, therefore, as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, CAF and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on this website. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from this website for your own personal use, subject to restrictions set out below..
You must not republish, sell, rent, sub-license, reproduce, duplicate or copy material from the CAF website, nor may you redistribute content from the CAF website (unless content is specifically created for redistribution).
Certain parts of the CAF website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (“Comments”) . CAF does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of the Canadian Abilities Foundation, its agents or affiliates.
Comments reflect the views and opinions of the persons who post such comments. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, CAF shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
CAF reserves the right to monitor all comments and to remove any comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post comments on this website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party;
- The comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy;
- The comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant to CAF a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our website pages or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our website.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to this website without prior written approval, provided the link is in no way misleading, does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services and fits within the context of the linking party’s site:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations; and
- Accredited Businesses (excluding soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls and charity fundraising groups).
We may consider and approve at our sole discretion other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- Commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources such as Chambers of Commerce and consumer organizations;
- Dot.com community sites;
- Associations or other groups representing charities, including charity giving sites,
- Online directory distributors;
- Internet portals;
- Accounting, law and consulting firms whose primary clients are businesses; and
- Educational institutions and trade associations.
Any such organization interested in linking to our website, must notify us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information (such as a phone number and/or e-mail address) as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our website, and a list of the URL(s) on our website to which you would like to link. Allow 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our website as follows:
- 1. By use of our organization name; or
- 2. By use of the uniform resource locator (Web address) being linked to; or
- 3. By use of any other description of our website or material being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of CAF’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking without a trademark license agreement.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your website. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your website or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in our sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our website upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and our linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our website, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking Terms and Conditions.
Removal of Hyperlinks
If you find any link on this website objectionable for any reason, you may contact us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond directly to you.
While we endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and its use (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- 1. Limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- 2. Limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- 3. Limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- 4. Exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this disclaimer:
- (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and
- (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty. To the extent that this website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.