THE BRAND IS FOR “EVERYONE”
From early on, the social brand was conceptualized to be a brand that symbolized and promoted community inclusion for all people and not just people with developmental disabilities. This concept continues to be based in a firm belief that our communities are more vibrant, healthy, safe, strong and satisfying when all people, regardless of ethno-cultural background, disability, age, sexual orientation and socioeconomic class, are welcome and able to fully participate and contribute in the ordinary things of life in everyday settings. This concept is the core message of the everyone belongs brand and one that we believe benefits all people, including people with developmental disabilities.
Through partnership with other community groups, individuals, agencies and businesses, potential exists for the everyone belongs brand to become just as common and recognizable, if not more, as the HeartSmart, ParticipAction and other similar social brands. Through partnership, everyone belongs can increase its profile and strike a chord with individual citizens, organizations and businesses, demonstrating a sincere commitment to authentically include all citizens in meaningful ways. Although DDRC is a local agency, we recognize that through various partners, sponsors and supportersof the everyone belongs brand, its message can be promoted provincially, nationally and even internationally.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED WITH EVERYONE BELONGS
There are three ways that organizations, businesses and even individuals can get involved with everyone belongs: become a Partner, a Donor or a Sponsor.
1) BECOME A PARTNER OF EVERYONE BELONGS
Partnership refers to organizations that successfully meet partnership “criteria” and show commitment to the meaning and values of everyone belongs.
Through your partnership with everyone belongs, we can work together to provide a clear vision of how people’s lives can be improved through meaningful community inclusion. Along with other partners who share a vision of inclusion, we can speak with a united voice and increase our influence in the work of community inclusion for all people, regardless of disability, ethno-cultural background, age, sexual orientation and socioeconomic class.
2) BECOME A DONOR OF EVERYONE BELONGS
Donation refers to organizations or individuals who would like to contribute financially to everyone belongs and receive a tax receipt for a donated amount.
Donations will enable DDRC and its partners to continue its ongoing work specific to the vision and objectives of the everyone belongs campaign.
3) BECOME A SPONSOR OF EVERYONE BELONGS
Sponsorship refers to organizations that believe in the meaning and values of everyone belongs and would like to publicly align their organization with these values.
With your monetary sponsorship of everyone belongs, we can work together to promote this important social brand through mass advertising and increase public awareness of community inclusion for everyone in our community.
For more information, please visit www.everyonebelongs.com.
EVERYONE BELONGS IS GUIDED BY:
* A fundamental belief in the importance of human connection. Genuine human connection is essential for all people. Quality of life is deeply linked to quality of relationships. Social isolation is disabling. We all need to feel included, connected and valued.
* A passionate sense of possibility. Enormous potential exists for all people to live fuller and more fulfilling lives, to grow and blossom through meaningful human connection and participation in community. everyone belongs is rooted in the concept of possibility for all citizens.
* A deep commitment to community. Healthy communities are inclusive communities. Inclusive communities nurture values of interdependence and practise natural forms of mutual support of one another.
* A positive spirit of championship. everyone belongs stands for an initiative to change people’s hearts, mind, attitudes, beliefs and behaviour. Through this change, more people can become more connected in our community. We will pursue a positive future with a positive spirit.
* An authentic voice of inclusion. The voice of everyone belongs is honest and humanizing. The strength of the voice comes from honest and inspiring stories about fellow citizens and the power of inclusion. everyone belongs helps to create a chorus of voices for the possibility of healthy and meaningful communities for all its citizens.
Darryl Sutter, Coach and General Manager of the Calgary Flames, is the current ambassador of the everyone belongs campaign.