As part of Cayenta’s Product Team, you will be responsible for the establishment and oversight of software and product documentation practices for the Cayenta organization. This is a hybrid technical and business role, requiring ‘soft’ skills and the ability to work across various departments to achieve our mandate of user, marketing and administrator-friendly content.
This position is based in Vancouver, BC, and for this reason preference is for a Vancouver base candidate.
- Define and drive a vision for the Technical and Product documentation content
- Evaluate, implement and improve the documentation platform and overall process of content authoring.
- Establish content and distribution guidelines based on audience (user, consultant, developer, etc.)
- Work with Product Management to clarify documentation needs, requirements and assignments.
- Conduct interviews with developers, application consultants and subject matter experts to gather data for documentation.
- Participate in Product Development planning sessions to ensure documentation specifications are adhered to and completed as part of agile user story completion.
- Plan and strategize structural and content changes in documentation.
- Perform copy editing, technical editing, and proofreading services on a variety of internal and external documents, reviewing for style, grammar, syntax, and organization/consistency of content.
- Manage the generation of documentation throughout the defined lifecycle.
- Plan and steer meetings related to documentation management.
- Degree in Computer Science, English, Technical Writing, or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience in technical communications and information design
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of documentation and collaboration software such as confluence or wiki
- Advanced knowledge of desktop publishing software as well as web authoring, presentation and graphics software
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience in handling multiple projects concurrently and as an individual contributor
- Strong organizational ability and analytical thinking skills
- Understanding of and experience working in the ERP or Utility industry
- Familiarity with Microsoft Manual of Style, AP, and/or Chicago Manual of Style
What we offer?
- Compensation will consist of base salary, group performance incentive, and annual bonus
- RRSP matching program and employee stock options
- Health Insurance from day 1 (medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, AD&D)
- 3 weeks’ vacation
- Free parking and shuttle bus service from SkyTrain station
- and more!
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (1)-613-226-5511 or at HarrisTalentAcquisition@harriscomputer.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.