Hampton Inn by Hilton Hamilton (Hamilton, ON)
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
POSITION AVAILABLE: Maintenance (Helper)
REPORTS TO: Hotel General Manager
LOCATION: Hampton Inn by Hilton Hamilton
ADDRESS: 7 Queen Street North, Hamilton ON L8R 2T9, Canada
Hampton Inn by Hilton Hamilton is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about preventative maintenance, customer service and dedicated to their work.
Oversee general maintenance and repairs of the building and equipment while working in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act by: prioritizing and responding to all guests/rooms and internal requests, promptly and effectively, as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Great attention to detail
- Exceptional teamwork
- Time management skills
- Superior communication skills
- High standard of personal presentation
- Ongoing commitment to quality and providing a truly unique experience to our guests
- Ability to work days or evenings including; weekends and public holidays.
- Ideally you will have experience in general maintenance and repairs, minimum of 1 year.
- You must also meet the legal requirements to work in this country.
- Perform preventative maintenance for machines, appliances, HVAC, etc.
- Oversee the swimming pool daily maintenance of cleaning and chemical balancing to ensure always meeting health department regulations and brand standards.
- Outdoor work required – lawn maintenance, parking maintenance, winter snow removal and shoveling.
- Monitor lighting to ensure all is in working order (replace light bulbs as needed)
- Preventative maintenance for guestrooms and public areas to include items such as: vinyl repair, paint touch up, minor furniture repairs, tub caulking, exhaust fans, etc.
- Monitors energy conservation.
- Basic repairs on small equipment upon request.
- Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact location and cause – determine emergency status and report to the Front Desk with findings.Maintain positive internal and external relationships and communicate with internal colleagues to advise of guest service needs, items which require maintenance, issues or concerns in a prompt, proactive manner as appropriate.
- Accurately maintain work-order and other tracking systems.
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards, procedures and practices.
- Actively demonstrate teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness and courtesy.
- To consistently meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Be familiar with hotel services and amenities.
- Attend any training sessions or meetings (when asked)
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma is preferred
- Ability to work with tools
- Preventative maintenance knowledge
- Ability to follow instructions and be detail-oriented
- Professional and friendly with all guests. Ability to achieve guest satisfaction
- Prior experience as Maintenance (Helper) is an asset
- Attributes such as being polite, courteous, and working effectively in a team environment.
To apply for this posting please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter.
Vrancor Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. For additional information on our organization, please visit us at vrancor.com. Vrancor Hospitality would like to hear from all interested candidates; accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and the duration of employment.
Vrancor Hospitality is committed to accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and under the Ontario Human Rights Code throughout the selection process. If you require a disability–related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $18.50 per hour
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: In person