JW Marriott (Muskoka, ON)
Promoting a fun and relaxing environment for our guests, this role reports directly to the Recreation Supervisor and is responsible for the safety of our guests and maintaining the pool area.
· Ensure that all rules and regulations are adhered to, ensuring the safety of the pool area
· Opens and closes the pool, ensuring the safety of all participants while in the pool
· Maintain direct contact with patrons and communicate with them in an effective manner
· Monitor designated pool areas and responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the pool deck area, change rooms and shower areas including picking up equipment and storing it in its proper place, picking up towels and debris, restocking towels, straightening chairs, etc.
· Conducts facility inspections, completes checklists and advises supervisor of any concerns found
· Assists guests with questions regarding the resort, activities and general information
· Assists the recreation department
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact and a friendly verbal greeting using the guests’ names when possible
· Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program
· Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
· Other duties as assigned
· Must be 16 years of age
· Be the holder of a current lifeguard certificate; the National Lifeguard Service’s certificate (dated 2 years or less)
· Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
· Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance
· Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
· Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting and pulling
· Move over sloping, uneven or slippery surfaces
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka is committed to building a more diverse workplace and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Job Types: Seasonal, Full-time
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada? Work Permit/SIN?
- First Aid Certification (required)
- N.L.S. license (required)
Work Location: In person