Sunlife (Toronto, ON)
Apply by 26/10/23
Our student and new graduate programs offer a chance to explore Sun Life from the inside. You’ll make a difference in the lives of our customers and communities, while building the skills and experience that allow you to grow in a meaningful and rewarding way.
Length: 4 months (January to April 2024)
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting with Mental Disorder projects within Group Benefits and Disability Division. The intern will participate in evaluate and review current Mental Disorder Case Management practices through research (qualitative and quantitative measures), interpret statistical analysis and prepare preliminary reports summarizing results. The research results will be used to identify trends, to inform new projects/initiative and evaluate current trends as develop and plan initiative in response to
The intern will work closely with the Senior Consultant, Mental Health to build knowledge within Sun Life Group Disability to enable better assessment, diagnosis, and to optimize treatment for plan members.
What will you do?
Support with evaluation of the Mental Disorder Case Management model
- Review current practices
- Collect and analyze data and trends
- Participate in needs assessment and evaluation of model
Participate in supporting Group Disability
- Identifying areas for additional learning or MH resource gaps
- Preparing and delivering trainings and/or presentations to Group Disability
- Work collaboratively with mental health solution team and practice
What do you need to succeed?
- Graduate level studies with experience in mental health (social work, nursing, psychology, or Occupational Therapist); or health informatics or data analytics.
- Knowledge of mental disorders, treatment options and mental health resources
- Experience with coaching, development of training modules and large group presentations.
- Proficiency in use of MS Office platforms (Power Point, Excel, MS Word)
What’s in it for you?
- It is a unique opportunity to consolidate your learning in an intern setting.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to advance their research, needs assessment and project development skills while working with a highly collaborative group of professionals in a fast-paced and stimulating environment.
- A friendly, collaborative and inclusive culture where you’re an innovator and trusted partner
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement
- We’re honoured to be recognized as a 2022 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work® Canada & 2022 Best Workplaces for Inclusion by Great Place to Work® Canada
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted for. The Base Pay which you will be considered for will vary depending on the Campus program you are selected for.
Eligible Sun Life employees for various Campus Graduate programs will also participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Category: Temporary Employee
Posting End Date: 26/10/2023