DESCRIPTION:At Champlain Rehab Solutions more is not just our commitment to clients, but to our incredible team of staff.
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for. With over 2500 health care professionals serving clients in eight Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs), Our client and family-centered, community-based approach provides nursing, rehabilitation, personal support and home support services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity. Champlain Rehab Solutions has been providing rehab services in the greater Ottawa area since 2004.
At Champlain we love our work. As a team member you’ll do more than provide services to clients; you’ll build strong, long-lasting relationships. We offer high-quality, multilingual services that are growing across Ontario, and our work environment focuses on supporting clients and staff through client centred care, well-connected healthcare teams, and continual improvement.
At Champlain, more is not just our commitment to clients, but to our incredible team of Personal Support Workers. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
Extreme Cleaners at Champlain are responsible for providing practical and thorough household assistance to Champlain clients. The Home Cleaner will work with diverse client groups to meet public health standards. Responsibilities include, de-cluttering and discarding of unwanted items, washing walls, floors and windows, doing laundry, cleaning and sanitizing appliances, cupboards and closets. Household and support activities are performed in such a manner as to encourage independence of client and the prevention or delay of institutionalization. All activities are conducted within the client service plan and the policies, procedures and standards of confidentiality of Champlain.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Minimum of one year’s experience in private or institutional cleaning is an asset.
- Experience working with vulnerable clients who are dealing with age-related health conditions and/or mental disabilities is an asset.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Ability to work independently while following pre-set instructions and work cooperatively with the care-giving team.
- Ability to read and write English (equivalent to the Grade 8 level).
- Must be flexible to be able to support a diverse client group.
- Demonstrated commitment to client and family centred care.
- Physically able to provide safe and timely client care.
- Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of the Physical Readiness Test to ensure safe work practices are followed, including transfers, bending, lifting, push and pulling.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize safety issues, communicate effectively and provide minor problem solving.
Why Work at Champlain?
- We provide services you can be proud to be a part of. Most of our nursing and support services are provided free of charge through local Community Care Access Centres (CCACs). Services for other clients are funded by the United Way Toronto and grants.
- We use innovative, practical technology to ensure connectivity with staff in the field. Champlain has earned a reputation for providing high-quality services and a stimulating work environment.
- Our unique culture fosters relationships based on mutual respect and valuing one another’s contributions.
- We promise constant contact with your client service team and easy access to supervisor support to help you effectively handle any situation you face.
- We are a growing organization that is preparing for expansion into communities across Ontario.
- We offer full-time, part-time and casual positions. Whenever possible, Champlain strives to accommodate the work-life balance needs of our staff while delivering the highest quality services to our clients. In some positions, we may be able to guarantee hours or visits.
- Champlain wants to be your career employer, and that’s why we invest in continuous learning. We provide financial support for professional development and fit your courses into your schedule. Upon completion of coursework, we try to give you chances to use your new skills.
- We offer fair and competitive compensation. As your skills and education increase, so does your salary. We also have a generous benefits package and Employee Assistance Program.
How to Apply
Our online application should take about 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please let us know in advance.
Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received. We’ll only be contacting those selected for further discussion.