Canada is our stage
Those four words inform everything we do as a catalyst for performance, creation and learning across this great land. We are proud to be a home for many of Canada’s most exciting artists who captivate audiences on our stages and on our stages across the country.
Job Number: J0719-0293
Job Title: Beverage Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time continuing
Job Category: Hospitality
Open Positions: 1
Posting Date: July 9, 2019
Closing Date: July 28, 2019
Salary: $57,000.00 – $83,200.00/Year
Language Requirement: Bilingual
Working Hours: 35 hours per week; The incumbent must be available for work after regular business hours.
Job Reports To: General Manager, Food and Beverage Department.
Our Five Core Values:
Go Above and Beyond
As Beverage Manager, you will be working in our exciting, multi-venue, high-volume Beverage Operation. You will be managing the entire day-to-day beverage business within the National Arts Centre’s Food and Beverage Department including all Intermission Bars, 1 Elgin restaurant and Catering events. By leading a unionized front of house team, you will be responsible to showcase the highest quality of customer service during our performances and catering events. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work with and support both management teams who manage 1 Elgin restaurant and Meeting & Events.
This position reports to the General Manager and the successful candidate would start in September 2019.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Effectively plans departmental activities, including schedules, side duties and events,
• Ensures all bars and storage areas are kept clean and operate in compliance with OGHA standards at all times,
• Ensures that all equipment in Bars, Bar Pantries and Bar Areas is properly repaired and maintained,
• Responsible for having adequate stock of product and supplies on hand, in accordance with par levels set by Inventory Management,
• Oversees and is responsible for all bar requisitions, inventories, bar par levels and transfers,
• Responsible for all work schedules and opening and closing hours for each venue (in conjunction with the F&B Managers),
• Ability to prepare structured beverage menus for the restaurant and catering departments.
• Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Operations Management, Event Management, Culinary Management or other Hospitality field;
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a Food and Beverage Management in an upscale/casual restaurant, lounge, hotel, resort or sports or entertainment venue;
• Superior Knowledge of Wine, Spirits, Beer and Cocktails;
• Knowledge of beverage promotions and other revenue generating practices;
• Ability to supervise and lead a unionized team;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with guests and employees;
• Knowledge of a POS systems;
• Good organizational skills, initiative and autonomy in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to follow directions and work with limited supervision;
• Advance computer software knowledge including MS Office;
• Must be completely bilingual (verbal and written) in both official languages;
• A past record of satisfactory attendance and punctuality is a requirement*.
*Regular attendance at work is an expectation of employment and an essential part of every job.
Who Can Apply
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Candidates invited to an interview will be responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses. If relocation is required, the successful candidate will be expected to pay for his/her relocation expenses.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples and persons with disabilities.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please advise us when initially contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment
Are you interested in this job? Apply now.