Diversity and Inclusion
As one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we offer you a superior work environment that allows you to reach your full potential both professionally and personally. We make career growth and professional development a priority. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce.
Let our team know if you need accommodation or support during the recruitment process due to a disability or other reason. We can provide support in multiple ways, from using this site and submitting your application, right through to the interview process. If you are the successful candidate, you can also discuss accommodation needs when you receive your offer.
Take a central role
The Bank of Canada has a vision to be “a leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada.” No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very center of Canada’s economy, in a diverse and inclusive organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. You will be challenged, energized and motivated to excel in an environment where we are reinventing central banking, renewing ways of doing business and reinforcing a culture of innovation.
About the position
The Product Development Team ‘s (PDT) mandate is to provide the department with a rigorous and timely position on technology for bank notes and quality systems, business-relevant analysis of the performance and production of bank notes, the development and recommendation of world class bank note configurations.
The Analyst position provides specialized technical support to PDT projects by undertaking technical tests, conducting research and performing comprehensive analytical work. The Analyst also leads selected internally focused projects and activities that provide critical information to the PDT portfolios and support the development of a consolidated portfolio view. The Analyst works with a high degree of self-direction, reports to the Assistant Director, and may receive advice and project-related direction from more senior colleagues.
Your future responsibilities
- Actively undertakes or coordinates testing activities on bank notes and their features in support of PDT projects and outputs
- Evaluates performance on various dimensions and evaluates statistics or data to draw conclusions on business-relevant issues
- Applies a variety of analytic processes and techniques in analyzing bank note technical challenges, information sources
- Participates in internal and external activities and conferences/meetings related to bank note technology and analysis
- Provides advice as required to colleagues, Bank management and other teams within the department to strengthen the team’s outputs and to contribute to the rigor of the department’s practices
- Monitors external trends, industry, or commercial practices that may be relevant to the development of technical positions and opportunities
- Works with colleagues and clients to resolve new problems and gathers information about more complex problems for broader discussion, review by more senior analysts, or contribution to portfolio outputs
- In collaboration with colleagues and the Assistant Director, builds, develops and maintains relationships or partnerships with internal/external partners and suppliers to support evolving Bank or departmental needs and may be called upon to represent the Bank’s interest with stakeholders
Your education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics or a relevant discipline and a minimum of two to four years of relevant work experience
- an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Your knowledge and skills
- You can make well-reasoned responses even when faced with incomplete or contradictory information, and are able to make use of relevant documentation or other resources to get to the root of a situation or problem. You look for innovative ways to find potential opportunities for improvement or solutions.
- You can write clearly and accurately as well as make effective and well-structured presentations to audiences within or outside of the organization meanwhile being able to adapt your style to the intended audience.
- You are a great team player and you contribute effectively in meetings and cross-functional working groups or special projects.
- You effectively involve and communicate with various stakeholders/clients and team members during the planning and execution phase of a project therefore you demonstrate an understanding of the key principals of project management meanwhile utilizing the team’s frameworks and processes.
- Experience in collecting and evaluating stakeholder needs
- Functional in second official language
English or French essential
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet your needs at every stage of your life and career.
- Salaries are based on qualifications and experience and typically range from $69,100 to $85,200 (job grade 15)
- Depending on performance, you may be eligible for performance pay for successfully meeting (5 to 7% of your base salary) or for exceeding expectations (10% of your base salary). Exceptional performers who far exceed expectations may be eligible for higher performance pay.
- Flexible and comprehensive benefits so you can choose the level of health and dental coverage that meets your needs
- Extra vacation days (up to five each year) that you can purchase to add to your vacation entitlement
- Option to join the indexed, defined-benefit pension plan after 24 consecutive months of service
For more information on key benefits, please visit www.bankofcanada.ca/careers/working-here.
- Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
- Security level required: Secret
- There will be no relocation assistance provided
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.